How To Add External RSS Feeds To WordPress
This article demonstrates how to add an external RSS feed to a WordPress site. RSS (Rich Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication) is an open web format that is used to publish updated content. Clients use RSS readers (sometimes also called aggregators) to subscribe to feeds that contain links to the newest content.
A default WordPress installation already has RSS set up for the site entries and comments. However, you can easily add external RSS feed content to your site.
WordPress includes a built-in RSS widget that you can use to add external RSS feeds to your site. To do this, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- Under Dashboard, click Appearance, and then click Widgets.
- Under Available Widgets, click RSS.
- Select where you want the RSS widget to appear:
- To add the widget to the site's footer, click Main Widget Area.
- To add the widget to the site's sidebar, click Secondary Widget Area.
- Click RSS dialog box appears.. An
- In the Enter the RSS feed URL here text box, type the URL of the RSS feed that you want to add.
- In the Give the feed a title text box, you can optionally add a title that appears above the RSS feed contents.
- In the How many items would you like to display? list box, select how many items from the feed that you want to display.
- Select the check boxes for any additional content you want to include in the feed.
. The RSS feed contents are displayed on your web site.
For more information about RSS, please visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss.